The joke is ordinary people feel they are smart because they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and it gives them special mental powers and can do complicated things like tinker with a deadly virus, fly a commercial airliner, and be smart about something even though you are really an idiot. All in all inside the US it is a very funny set of ads and has become a part of our culture not unlike the "where's the beef" commercials with the old lady. Well it has taken on overtones that are a little more sinister. Here is a quote from one of the people running T-Central:
I want to start this off with a disclaimer: I have not begun to transition. I have never been on hormones. I rarely crossdress. I'm transgender.
But I do know a lot of crossdressers and transsexuals and many of those have shared very intimate thoughts with me.They should have started with; I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express so I am qualified to write an article on transitioning smart.
Ok, let me get this straight. I do not want any errors here or any misconceptions.
1. They have not begun transition.
2. They have never been on hormones.
3. They have rarely crossdressed.
4. They are transgendered. Well you might have that part right.
5. I know lots of crossdressers. What does this have to do with transition?
6. I know lots of transsexuals. Really? SO your version of the Holiday Inn Express experience and JOKE is some of your so called pals on T-Central.
This is the ultimate act of hubris by someone that has not one single inkling about what it means to not only be transsexual but to live it and fight your way to get things correct. You KNOW nothing unless you have lived it. Just another example of a man thinking he can tell those born transsexual what it is all about.
You should ban yourself from T-Central you arrogant fool.
The worst part is you are not even close to the worst of your group.